To receive and consider the confidential report of the Town Clerk/C.E.O.
The Committee received and considered the confidential report of the Town Clerk/C.E.O concerning various property and legal matters.
Members received updates on play area transfers from West Oxfordshire District Council to the Town Council, including Unterhaching, Ralegh Crescent Waterford Road and Madley Park Playing areas and agreed the Heads of Terms for latter two, subject to caveats.
Also in the report, the Committee received updates on lease renewals for Ley’s recreation ground (courtside CIC area), West Witney tennis courts, West Witney Clubhouse and Madley Park Hall, agreeing delegation recommended at the Halls, Cemeteries & Allotments Committee for the latter.
There was discussion on the additional costs to be incurred by the Council as a result of the Leys Hub project – specifically the result of having to invest in a new Works Depot as well as moving the infrastructure supporting the splashpad. Members agreed that these costs should be factored into the lease negotiations in the first instance rather than establishing a sinking fund for the new facility.
Finally, the Committee discussed Heads of Terms for town council land in respect of land in East Witney.
1. That, the confidential report be noted and,
2. That, the Heads of Terms for Madley Park Play Area & Teen Zone be approved on a short-term basis and,
3. That, the Heads of Terms for Waterford Road Play Area be approved, subject to works being arranged and paid for prior to the transfer and,
4. That, negotiation on the terms of the lease for Madley Park Hall be delegated to the Town Clerk in conjunction with the Chair of Halls, Cemeteries & Allotments and The Leader of the Council and,
5. That, the Council should seek financial recompense through ongoing lease negotiations in respect of the Leys Hub and,
6. That, the Council should support active travel recommendations in relation to the East Witney Heads of Terms while receiving the best outcome for the town, while also raising access to Windrush Cemetery during negotiations.