To receive the report of the Venue & Events Officer.
The Committee received and considered the report of the Venue & Events Officer.
The report concerned hall usage numbers, the newly installed screen and projector at the Corn Exchange, an update on the 1863 café and the success of the Anniversary Open Day.
Members discussed the introduction of a loyalty drink scheme which they were supportive of and the café furniture following a request for some items to be replaced. They asked that any replacement items did not reduce the capacity of the café and that any furniture replaced was offered to the community.
The committee discussed the proposed Film Club and were supportive of this providing the club was free to join but asked that officers investigate all costs to ensure this works in practice.
1. That, the report be noted and,
2. That, a loyalty drinks scheme be established in line with Council financial regulations and,
3. That, replacement furniture be purchased where required and,
4. That, items of furniture no longer needed be offered to the community and,
5. That, a film club be established with free membership following further investigation by officers on charges and costs.