To receive the report of the Deputy Town Clerk.
The Committee received the report of the Deputy Town Clerk.
The Committee considered Discretionary Grant Applications from Witney Talking News and Witney Town Band and supported the awards unanimously.
With regard to the request from Clean Slate, Members deferred a decision to to allow officers to request further information from Clean Slate regarding the work they do for Witney residents and supporting accounts information.
The Committee was unanimously in agreement of the request from Wear Without Waste for a subsidised let of the Corn Exchange for their fashion show. Members asked Officers to enquire as to how residents access the Wear Without Waste services.
The report also advised the Youth Services Grant award to The Parish of Witney has been returned as the project it had been awarded for had was currently not viable. Members discussed and agreed that the funds should be returned to the Council’s reserves, but they would consider a further application in the future should The Parish of Witney wish to apply.
In addition to the community grant request from Witney Music Festival awarded earlier, further requests were unanimously approved for Witney Carnival and Oxfordshire Play Association.
Members also discussed four requests for subsided letting on council event land which all provided a benefit to the community. Members were unanimous in their decision to approve Witney Music Festival, Witney Carnival and LibFest subsidised hire. The application for Witney Pride resulted in a vote of four for approval with one member against.
Members were pleased to receive correspondence from Volunteer Link-Up thanking them for a grant award.
1. That, the report be noted and,
2. That, Witney Town Band (Training Band) be awarded a grant of £300 and,
3. That, Witney Talking News be awarded a grant of £500 and,
4. That, a decision on awarding Clean Slate be deferred subject to further information and,
5. That, subsidised hire of the Corn Exchange for Wear Without Waste to the sum of £283.33 be agreed and,
6. That, the sun of £2,500, awarded to the Parish of Witney be returned to the Council’s general fund and,
7. That, the grant of £10,000 be approved for Witney Music Festival (as agreed earlier) and,
8. That, the grant of £2,100 be approved for Witney Carnival and,
9. That, the grant of £1,000 be approved for Oxfordshire Play Association and,
10. That, the subsided lettings applications for Witney Music Festival (£2,214), Witney Carnival (£1,660.50), LibFest (£1,476) and Witney Pride (£738) be approved and,
11. That, these grants be awarded under the General Power of Competence and that the recipients be asked to acknowledge the Council’s financial contribution in their promotional literature.
12. That, the correspondence from Volunteer Linkup be noted.