To receive and consider the confidential report of the Town Clerk.
The Committee received the confidential written report and verbal update from the Town Clerk.
Members discussed the Leys Masterplan and were happy with an agreement in principle to pledge£250,000 as matched funding to enable Courtside Hubs CIC to apply for a substantial grant. Members stipulated the £250,000 would only be paid if the grant application was successful. Subject to further discussion, members also agreed to waiver historic utility charges to assist the fundraising for the project.
Regarding Burwell Hall members discussed and agreed to proceed with a replacement gas boiler. There was little support to indicate a Fuel Cell CHP boiler would be the best option given the sporadic use of the Hall and limited case studies
The Town Clerk updated members on discussions with the Chair of West Witney Sports & Social Club.
Members discussed the ownership of the pitches and pavilion being provided at Windrush Place. The Committee requested that it is made clear to WODC that the council was happy for the sports pitch and pavilion to be transferred to the council.
1. That, the report and verbal update be noted and,
2. That, £250,000 be agreed in principle subject to a successful grant application by Courtside Hubs and,
3. That, historic utility charges for Courtside Hubs be waivered to assist with fundraising, subject to further discussion and,
4. That, A new efficient gas boiler be installed at Burwell Hall and,
5. That, Town Clerk to follow up with WWSCC with a request for progress and,
6. That, Town Clerk corresponds with WODC that the town council wishes to take responsibility for Windrush Place sports pitches.