To receive and consider the confidential report and options paper from the Project Officer, along with the proposal from West Witney Sports & Social Club.
The Committee received and considered the confidential report of the Project Officer concerning temporary facilities and the club house at West Witney Sports Ground.
Officers had reviewed this project and following a recommendation from the Sport & Play Committee that temporary changing facilities should be F.A Compliant, the cost and timeframe for delivery had made this option impossible to deliver before 17th May 2021.
Members were disappointed and agreed the only option available for sports clubs this summer would be for the compliance work detailed in previous meetings to be undertaken at the earliest opportunity. There was agreement that detailed elements could be shared, carried out and paid for by each party before 10th May 2021. This would result in the facilities being compliant until further funding could be sourced in the next two years.
It was agreed that rental charges up until 17th May 2021 should be subsidised by the Town Council and further dialogue would be needed as soon as possible on the above course of action.
1. That the confidential report be noted; and,
2. That Witney Town Council works with West Witney Sports & Social Club to share the outstanding compliance issues to bring the club back and changing facilities into use in time for 17th May 2021, on the proviso that the clubhouse will be closed in 2 years and during that time the Town Council will work with other agencies and partners to secure funding for a new facility; and,
3. That each party pays for their identified works as detailed; and,
4. That Witney Town Council subsidises the rent at West Witney Sports & Social Club until 17th May 2021; and,
5. That the Town Clerk contacts the Club at the earliest opportunity to discuss these matters.