To receive and consider the report of the Communications & Community Engagement Officer.
The Committee received and considered the report of the Communications & Community Engagement Officer concerning upcoming events and initiatives.
Members welcomed community engagement regarding In Bloom planting at the flowerbed near to Langdale Hall and a town-wide Heritage Open Day event post Covid-19. There was also agreement on running the Council’s Christmas competitions this year and commemorating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee as a Town Council in 2022.
1. That the report be noted; and,
2. That the Town Council allows the Witney Horticultural Society to plant the flowerbed adjacent to Langdale Hall; and,
3. That the Town Council wishes to run a community engagement event for Heritage Open Day this year promoting local eateries, breweries and food producers; and,
4. That the Town Council should run the usual three Christmas competitions: Civic Christmas Card, Christmas Light and Mayor’s Carol Service song sheet. The first two of these being run online and the latter being offered to residents in the town’s residential and care homes; and,
5. That the Town Council establishes a task and finish group to organise the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in 2022, membership being confirmed at the Annual Council Meeting.