Decision Maker: Policy, Governance & Finance
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee received the joint report of the Deputy Town Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer. Members were presented quarterly income and expenditure updates on the Council’s budgets and received the recommendations of the spending committees in this cycle of meetings.
The Deputy Town Clerk drew members’ attention to the recommendation of the Stronger Communities Committee to launch the Youth Funding Grant Awards, based on the same criteria as 2021 at the beginning of August.
Members were also presented with quotes for replacing the gates at Witney Town Bowls Club and for plotting future grave spaces at Windrush Cemetery, both of which were necessary works on the Council’s estate.
In respect of an insurance settlement for damage to pillars at St Mary’s churchyard, members were disappointed that the current offer did not cover the full outlay of the Council and costs paid in good faith were being disputed; the committee accepted that the full costs may not be recovered.
1. That the report be noted, and;
2. That, the recommendations of the spending committees, as detailed, be agreed and;
3. That, the lowest quote for gates at Witney Town Bowls Club, be agreed and;
4. That, the quote for the plotting of grave spaces at Windrush Cemetery be agreed; and
5. That, the insurance settlement offer for the damage to St Mary’s pillars be delegated to the Deputy Town Clerk, ensuring the best financial outcome for the Council is achieved.
Publication date: 26/07/2021
Date of decision: 26/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 26/07/2021 - Policy, Governance & Finance